AppDefend (Which Version?)

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by G1111, Feb 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

I have a license for RegDefend and have been running it (with Tony Klein's rule set) for almost 3 years now. Great program. I also run ProcessGuard and WormGuard. With the apparent demise of DiamondCS i decided to go with AppDefend. Before I purchased the license to AppDefend I removed RegDefend version 2.001 from my system and loaded this version (which I thought was Version 3 of RegDefend) https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=189957 it loaded but it had only AppDefend. Which version of AppDefend can I run and still keep RegDefend?
    I know the combined GUI AppDefend/RegDefednd is not finished and I would like to run separate AppDefend and RegDefend (most stable versions).

2. xtree

xtree Registered Member

Hi,

The version offering a complete contol over the use of both RD and AD can be downloaded from http://www.ghostsecurity.com/appdefend/ .

With this version you have access to all settings of AD and RD even disabling any of them.

The other link you mention is still a very early version of the would-be AD&RD.
    In this version you do not have access to RD rules - you can only set them up when having a pop-up. It is not possibile to turn RD on/off either. So it is rather incomplete yet.

3. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Thanks. Do I need to remove my current version of RegDefend 2.001 before installing AppDefend? Are there any known conflicts with KAV or Outpost which I am also running? Any special things you need to do when installing as it does not have a learning mode. It seemed when I loaded another beta version that it just asks for a lot of permissions the first time around.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2008
  4. xtree

xtree Registered Member

Yes, it is recommended to remove the previous version of RD before installing the new one.

I don't know, do not have them on my machine but if you look around on the forum you'll probably find something about conflicts.

Yes, there are quite a lot of pop-ups in the beginning but later on only the newcomers will bring them up.

5. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Thanks xtree. I download version 1.0 from the website. I also see there is a 1.300 alpha build. Is the 1.300 stable? I read there are some minor problems with it. Can you turn RegDefend on/off with the 1.300 version?

6. xtree

xtree Registered Member

For your info:
    The second half of my answer referred actually to 1.3 Alpha.

7. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Thanks xtree for the responses. I now have AppDefend 1.000 and RegDefend 2.050 running. Ran all my programs. Only one hung (Google Earth) access to physical memory stalled AppDefend. I dumped that one for now. Everything else running very smoothly. After running AppDefend for awhile I am quite happy with it. I said goodbye and uninstalled ProcessGuard. I thank Wayne for 3 years of solid protection. Sorry to see it go. My hat is off to Jason though for creating a great program to replace it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.