AppDefend on XP64 with SP2?

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by eradic8r, Mar 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eradic8r

eradic8r Registered Member

Hi,

I have a Core2Duo system that I *freshly* installed WinXP-64 with SP2. I can't seem to get ANY version of AppDefend to run!

Am I out of luck here?

I started with the 64-bit version off the main website but I got errors about not being able to start the service. I asked the program to auto-update and still received errors about starting the service. I then installed the 1300a3_x64.exe and rebooted...no luck, still can't load the service.

I read the postings about the KPP but I never was given any warnings about not being able to install and I have not updated the system after initial installation.

If AppDefend can't run with XP64-SP2, it would really be nice if that was posted on the main website. I just spent 4 hours trying to get this to work!

BTW, I tried the 32-bit version of AppDefend and was very impressed with the simplicity and power, which is why I figured I'd give it a go on XP64. My favorite feature is the "default" ruleset which lets me (after changing options) forcefully disable network access for ANY application except those I allow. I tried other programs like Comodo but they are overly complex and seemed let "certain" applications get through, despite my efforts (like IE or Windows Media Player, etc).

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.