App Filtering has stopped working again

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by JPM, May 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JPM

JPM Registered Member

Hello,

A few weeks ago I was having a problem with the app filtering not working correctly in LnS. I applied the patch that was available and that fixed the problem. Now it is back again. If I load my rule set that has specific ports/IPs for my various apps I cannot connect the the internet. If I load the enhanced rule set most things work but even then I am still no longer able to connect to USENET. If I shut down LnS, eveything works fine. Is there another patch or something else I can try?

Thanks in advance.

2. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

Hi JPM,

if the application filtering doesn't work, then the rules you have defined to be loaded with particular application will never load and so will block your traffic.

I think Frédéric is currently investigating this issue, and ask to people having this problem to send two things to lnssupport@soft4ever.com :

the following reg keys :
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services]
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\GroupOrderList]
    (export to a file and then create a zip file with the two .reg files, since
    the .reg files may be big and are filtered by some email clients).

Then, reboot, after the BIOS initialization press F8 or F5 to make appear a menu, and choose to boot and to create a log file.
    This file will then be created into your windows folder, like "C:\Windows\ntbtlog.txt"

This way it will help Frédéric to correct the issue, and to give you a workaround to make it working in the meantime.

regards,

gkweb.

3. JPM

JPM Registered Member

Hello GKWEB,

I had sent an email to LnS support a few days back and yesterday they had replied asking for the information you mentioned. I have sent in the requested information and hopefully they will be able to sort things out soon. Thanks for replying and for your assistance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.