AOL FAVORITES - How do I save when I'm no longer a subscriber?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Untamed913, Jun 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Untamed913

Untamed913 Registered Member

I really need some help here. I am no longer an AOL subscriber and didn't get a chance to save my Favorites (I did save my address books, however). I need my favorites - I've about 8 years worth. Is there any way to find where they're saved on my computer and pull them into IE 6.0? My OS is Windows 2000, AOL version is 9.0 Optimized. Appreciate any help. AOL needs to grow up and quit being so controlling like we're all mindless idiots. Guess it's about time I'm not on there anymore.

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Untamed913

I'd feel a bit more sympathetic with your predicament except for that comment that AOL needs to grow up..... They do provide a means for exporting favorites(Admittedly it's terrible), but really, lets be honest who's fault is it anyway.

That being said, I took a look around my computer, and I suspect the favorites is buried in one of the big idx files. So there is no easy solution. However googling on exporting AOL myfavorites did turn up this http://www.programurl.com/url-organizer-2.htm There was more so I would look at this app, and do a similiar google, and you might find what you need to fill the bill.

Pete

3. dallen

dallen Registered Member

Untamed913,
    It seems that you may be partially responsible for your dilema, if not entirely. That being said, Pete may have been a little harsh. I'm sure that he will become sympathetic with your situation and come around.

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Untamed913

If I was a bit harsh I apologize. Just a pet peeve of mine is people who are so critical of AOL(yep they can be awful), but whose troubles frequently are of their own making. I hope the link is helpful, and you might find some more with google.

Dallen

Hmmm...:D :D :D :D

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.