AOL and other Browsers

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by JerryM, Jun 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

A friend has AOL as his ISP. When he goes online AOL is the browser or at least it appears to be.

If he installs Firefox, how will he prevent AOL from coming up when he goes online? Now he also has IE, and when he is online and calls up IE, the AOL browser does not exit. If he starts with IE, he must still use AOL to get online and then the Aol browser comes up.
    o_O?? o_O

Thanks,
    Jerry

2. one way to get around this i used was to just use the aol dialler instead of thw whole aol software. On the task bar there should be an aol icon right click and select aol dialler just use this. Then the aol browser will not appear. However when you use this you will not be able to recieve instant mesaages from aol contacts or hear when you have new mail. you will have to resign in wuith the aol browser. I think this is right. That was what I did anyway when I was on aol.

3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks.
    One problem with AOL is all the pop ups. I thought that if he could close the AOL browser and use Firefox he could avoid the pop ups.
    He is using the AOL mail program I think, and so he may not be able to close out the AOL browser. Maybe if he calls up Firefox and it is in front, then the pop ups from AOL will be behind the front window and will not be a nuisance.

Thanks again,
    Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.