AOL 9.0 and Sygate?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by notageek, Mar 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notageek

notageek Registered Member

Does anyone know if AOL 9.0 gets along with Sygate? My wifes friend has a problem with AOL 9.0 freezing up at the loading screen and I think it has something to do with a running program. I haven't had a chance to go over to the persons house to see but I thought I would ak here first to see if anyone has seen or heard if Sygate and AOL9.0 don't play together good. Oh yeah she get's an application error sometimes. It's from ACSD and is says.
    The exception unknow software exception (0xc00000fd) occurred in the application location 0x77f9446d.
    She posted this at a couple other forums and I googled and found them but no one was able to help her so I thought I would give it a shot and try. :)

2. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

My solution is to tell them to switch from AOL to another ISP :D, AOL just lags your PC anyways, don't know if this actually help, but, another solution may be to try another firewall?

3. notageek

LOL I told here to use another ISP but it's free for her. I already went over and changed her to Kerio 4.x. I know not the best but it does what it has to. ;) So far she's not getting the error and I'm making money on the side. ;) Thanks for your reply Comp01

4. notageek

Ok I figured out what was wrong this ladies computer. She had Process Explorer running and it was causing the problem with the AOL freezing up.

5. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

lol, No problem, I figured it was probably something simple.

6. notageek

Yeah. Simple that she called AOL tech and they told her remove this and reinstall that. They also said it wa said M$ problem. LOL But I'm glad I figured out the prblem. I emailed the makers of Process Explorer and let them know the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.