Anyway i can create a bootable dvd with the image from....

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by shawn_selig, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shawn_selig

shawn_selig Registered Member

Hi, I'm new to this true image software... so far i have created a "secure zone" partition and i put an image in their... what i want to do is make a bootable dvd with acronis and the image i made on dvd.... can anyone please help me out in doing this, thanks

edit: and by the way, i got true image 9.0 home build 3,677

Last edited: Aug 4, 2006
  2. como

como Registered Member

You cannot copy the image from the secure zone as only TI can see the partition.

However if you search the forum for make bootable dvd you will find a number of posts on the subject and if you make a new image to a partition other than the secure zone you will be able to copy it to the dvd

3. shawn_selig

so theres now way at all to get the image and burn it from the secure zone partition? there must be a way even with true image would do...i desperatley need that image that on there

4. shawn_selig

ok i was just doing some reading..guess you can't...that sucks....ok so my other question is.... if i like install xp again via cd will the acronis bootmanager for true image still be there?, thanks

5. shawn_selig

ok my last question is... if i create just a bootable media dvd with acronis ture image on it...will that still be able to open the secure zone..so i can revert back to an image if my installation gets messed.... and if i install windows and overwrite the mbr...will the secure zone and true image still work, thanks

6. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

teh boot cd/dvd can see the secure zone. i cant answer your other questions tho.

7. Texcritter

Texcritter Registered Member

Hi shawn

If you desperately need the image off the secure zone
    here is a way to do it

1 Take an image now and store it to DVD or different partition etc.
    2 restore your computer back to the image from the Secure Zone
    3 Make another image to DVD or different partition etc.(this should be the same as the one now on the Secure Zone)
    4 If you want, restore back to the first DVD image (which is how your computer is now)

This will leave you with your computer as it is now but with the image from the Secure Zone now on DVD or different partition etc.

8. shawn_selig

ok thanks for everyones replies.... so i might revert back to image and burn it on a dvd.... my last question still is...if i do a repair install of xp or if i install the vista beta and it overwrites the mbr... would the true image f11 thing still show up on startup?...and if i ever need to reinstall true image...the secure zone will still be intact with the image, thanks

9. como

como Registered Member

No, TI writes to the mbr to allow the F11 boot

Yes, you either need to remove the secure zone from within TI or format the disk

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello shawn_selig,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that you will not be able to delete, copy or move image which is stred in the Acronis Secure Zone. Acronis Secure Zone is hidden protected partition on the hard disk drive which is inaccessible by the operating system and applications other than Acronis True Image. If one could have the option delete, copy or move image in Acronis Secure Zone that it would not be Secure Zone. The image stored there can be deleted only if you delete the whole Acronis Secure Zone.

Please also note that when backing up to CD or DVD, you can make this media bootable by writing to it additional components. Thus, you will not need a separate rescue disk. You can place Acronis One-Click Restore or if you want more functionality during restoration you can write a standalone version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home to the disk. You can find more information on how to do that in Chapter 5.3.8 "Media components" in the Acronis True Image 9.0 Home User's Guide.

Yes, when booted into the stanalone version of Acronis True Image you will be able to access the image archives stored in the Acronis Secure Zone as well as the image archives stored on a local hard drives, network drives or a variety of IDE, SCSI, FireWire (IEEE-1394), USB (1.0, 1.1 and 2.0), removable media drives, including CD-R(RW), DVD+R(W), DVD-RW, magneto-optical, Iomega Zip and Jaz drives so you can store the image archives there.

Please note that when Acronis Startup Recovery Manager is activated, it overwrites the master boot record (MBR) with its own boot code. Therefore, if you ovewrite the MBR after the Acronis Startup Recovery Manager was activated you will need to re-activate it if you would like to se it later.

As for the Acronis Secure Zone, it still will be available for the image archives.

Yes, the Acronis Secure Zone will be intact. Acronis Secure Zone is not deleted if you un-install the program and as como said you will need to remove it manually from within Acronis True Image before un-installing.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Last edited: Aug 15, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.