Anything wrong with update 6404?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Togg, Aug 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Togg

Togg Registered Member

This update installed late yesterday and I noticed that, when I rebooted this afternoon, it hadn't changed. When I attempted a manual update the program informed me that 6404 was the latest, even though it should now be at 6406.

The update details on Eset's website now contain no mention of 6404 and skip straight from 03 to 05. I've looked at another auto update failure thread, checked system date and time and cleared the updates cache. Is an uninstall and reinstall my only hope and, if so, must I use the Eset uninstaller or will Add/Remove be enough?

2. Togg

Togg Registered Member

It seems I should have had more patience! I've just received the 6406 defs, followed immediately by a request that I authorise the submission of some suspicious (htm) files. Some connection perhaps?

3. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Virus signature 6404 was available and did update as per normal, as far as I know.

This update verification article should help you.

If your issue continues, please keep us advised.

Thank you.

4. Togg

Togg Registered Member

Thank you for your input. As of now, the updating process is proceeding normally so it appears that my 'problem' has resolved itself.

I see that 6404 has reappeared in the list of updates, so I am left wondering if I have been imagining things. No mind altering substances have been ingested by me (not even alcohol!).

5. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

You're most welcome for the feedback and assistance. The update server does hiccup slightly on occasion but in a perfect world, who's counting ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.