anything else

Discussion in 'Other Ghost Security Software' started by northstar51, Mar 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. northstar51

northstar51 Registered Member

Hello: using CS for encrypting financial info is an obvious application for CS and certainly justifies its use if just for this use alone. but are there any items less apparent that might be wise to also encrypt? probably an obvious answer to all except a novice user like myself. as always, thanx for any input given...ns51

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

My suggestions would be:
    Password files
    Bank account information
    Your own family photos, especially if burnt to CD for off site storage. One of my wife's most precious treasures is her photograph albums as they are irreplaceable.
    Until we had a computer the photo's were kept here at home and the negatives at my mother out law's :)

Now most are scanned and archived to encrypted CD's copies of which are held at my mother out laws.

May be a bit over the top but if there was a house fire her photo's would be the worse things to lose

Any personal documents that are not replaceable and / or that you would not make public.

I am sure others will add their faves :)

3. Bowserman

Bowserman Infrequent Poster

Any confidential emails also :).

Regards,
    Jade.

4. northstar51

thanks for the input. will follow it...thanx ns51

5. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

Another suggestion, any files/data you send over the internet or other insecure networks would be wise to encrypt. A lot of ISP's are now keeping a lot more data other than the email content they were known for keeping.

So anything you don't want other people to have the oppurtunity to get their hands on basically. :) I encrypt all the files I send to and from my email accounts and to family and friends.

-Jason-

6. Gary Graham

Gary Graham Registered Member

I use it to keep a list of every password I use to log onto sites. I used to use one for them all, which is a really bad idea.

I keep my backups of registered program, along with the E-Mail that has their registration information.

I keep Personal Photos in it. I know someone who was crushed when someone took a photo and posted it on the internet.

My credit card numbers, and pin numbers have to be there, as well as phone card information.

As you see, what with the nasties out there, You want a good layered defense against them, but if all fails, and they get into your computer, not being able to read anything is a must.

Gary

7. northstar51

Hello:
    more good ideas. thanks...ns51

8. Andreas1

Andreas1 Security Expert

...a propos confidential email:
    how about all emails (and attachments) that tell you your registration information/serial numbers/keyfiles etc. for all your purchased shareware apps?...

Andreas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.