Anyone worried about their Google accounts?

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by delerious, Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delerious

delerious Registered Member

I've read about how some Gmail accounts were recently hacked. Some articles talk about Gmail accounts of human rights activists, but I wonder if any other people's accounts may have been hacked. I'm not a human rights activist, but I still wonder if my Gmail data and Google Documents data may have been accessed by hackers.

2. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I had a VERY good password on mine, and my system is clean, so no, I'm not worried about the hacking. I have however dumped Gmail due to this and Googles actions as of late, and am looking elsewhere for my mail.

3. chronomatic

chronomatic Registered Member

Pretty funny and ironic that Google was hacked because they were using Internet Explorer on Windows boxes they had at the locations that were cracked. And there are still no fixes for these 0-day exploits from M$. :argh:

4. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I guess they don't have enough faith in Chrome? I'm not shocked there's no patch yet, hardly any vendor sends out a patch without a few days of investigating and testing.

5. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

I'm not worried, because I'm not using a Gmail account :)

6. subhrobhandari

subhrobhandari Registered Member

Never, Cookies are anonmized and some scripts are blocked. Not to mention my clean computer, having a router and sandboxed browser.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.