Anyone using Nero?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by HandsOff, Oct 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

If anyone using Nero does not mind checking, are your .DAT files associated with Nero?

in other words if you open windows explorer and click folder options, then file types, and scroll down to .DAT does it list Nero.

I'm not sure, but I may have done something I shouldn't have.

-HandsOff

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

actually, my DAT files are associated with media player classic and if i select open with... nero or any of its related apps arent listed.

3. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

No .dats are fine, but shortly after I installed Nero (came with DVD burner recently) I'd found that Nero had hijacked some other file extensions, can't recall which ATM....

Have also seen my .dats occasionally associated with WMP......no idea why?......I blame the wife! ;) Normally fix that one in regedit HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT and remove any .dat association there

4. dog

dog Guest

Hey Handsoff,

Off the top of my head, I believe it's Nero's media player that creates that association. You can it or delete the association .... in Win Explorer : Tools -> Folder Options -> File Types [tab].

Steve

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Here's a good one. I don't have .Dat files listed at all in file types. I do have nero.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.