Anyone Using Comodo's Free Trust Connect With Linux - I Can't Get It To Work

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by DasFox, Dec 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

2. vtol

vtol Registered Member

sounds like a DNS problem somewhere along the line. is ping responding anything? did you try other VPN than Comodo's? browsing ok without VPN? if available for your distro you might try KVpnc and see it it works out.

3. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

OpenVPN works just fine for me and I can surf just fine on my connection, I also don't use KDE so I wouldn't want to use KVpnc.

If you're a Linux geek, I have in WICD, using the Comodo DNS, here's some screen shots of that;

http://img841.imageshack.us/f/screenshot12052010.png/
    http://img841.imageshack.us/f/screenshot12052010l.png/

I've used two other VPN services with no problems this is the only one I connect to and then can't surf...

When I'm connected to Comodo's VPN I can't ping also I get 'unknown host'...

THANKS

4. vtol

vtol Registered Member

the DNS servers stated are belonging to neustar.biz, who runs ultradns - perhaps facilitated by comodo. it that being instructed by comodo to setup FTC that way?

from your input it still sounds a DNS problem, settings seems to be alright. substitute the DNS, e.g with 4.2.2.4 a/o 68.87.64.154 and see if it gets it going - it will not impact the VPN encryption. or leave the DNS entries for FTC empty, the VPN should pull the DNS entries from the Comodo router.

perhaps some comodo mod might, after the weekend, have the decency to respond to your thread at their forum and sort it out, if above suggestion does not work.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  5. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Ok I put both of those DNS in Wicd and still no good, so I put back the DNS that are listed on Comodo's site into wicd again, but look at this post at Comodo what I've been doing;

http://forums.comodo.com/comodo-tru...st-connect-but-then-i-cant-surf-t65887.0.html

For the ip you suggested I tried putting inside the .conf

route 4.2.2.4 255.255.255.255 192.168.1.4

But that didn't work either...

Sheesh what a pain Comodo certainly didn't make a complete readme on how to get this blasted thing working... :(

6. vtol

vtol Registered Member

hmm, maybe there is some misconfig on the Comodo part, a broken TCP pipe somewhere, but that would be hard to diagnose.

the installation/setup guide is simple and does not state all those (reckon unnecessary) steps from that Commodo forum

since you have utilized other VPN before you are aware that openVPN needs root rights for the routing, hence would deduce that from the list of possible causes

did you try the TrustConnect subscribers OR 7 day trialists client.config? could be as as simple as Comodo not so happy anymore to provide that free service but not announcing it public.

7. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

GOT IT! ;)

Didn't have tap0 defined in my firewall...

Now the dang Trust Connnect won't let me use Comodo's Secure DNS, LOL... o_O

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.