Anyone using Comodo 3.0.2.5 alpha release?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by acr1965, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

2. disinter1

disinter1 Guest

Yeah, I had it on my computer a few weeks ago, and I have to say it was an awesome build for an alpha, my computer was light as a feather and it was exciting to see what comodo has in store for us! The thing that I cannot wait for is having Defense+ hips with the firewall, I can finally settle down with this hips and stop looking around aimlessly, and as much as I liked prevx I can truely say Defense+ won me over in it's alpha stage, how cool! But as much as I wanted to keep it running on my computer, it is in alpha and not done yet, so I had my fair share of problems with it, but I wait for a beta release!:D

3. cortez

cortez Registered Member

Been using it and it is much better than XP's. I have preformed frequent scans with no maleware found at all so far.

It is simple to set up and will ask for permissions every time if you want. With an Alfa I don't know if this is just luck or a 'good-enough' version, so I have it on a test partition for precautionary measures.

Leaktests passed all categories.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2007
  4. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

I can't wait. Its hips may not have the advanced settings as system safety monitor but still has the same blocking protection. Anyone tried the isolated option yet? It is cool you can make your own defence+ rule.:)

I wonder how long it will take for other companies to get close to cpf3? It is funny how comodo mainly offers SSL certificates yet offers one of the best firewalls :D.

5. tamdam

tamdam Registered Member

yeh comodo isolated browser looks interesting, maybe it employs a similar technique to DW/geswall type apps, not too sure though.

I very much liked the alpha, although of course its still rough around the edges so definitely not ready for production machine. One thing I hope they do is make a defense+ whitelist like kav's pdm - that should reduce the popups a fair bit and put it in reach of the masses. I also browsed around the comodo forums and they seem to have put back the final release date quite a bit. Still, comodo 3 is one to watch for :)

6. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Even through I use Outpost Pro I am looking forward to the final release of CFP 3.

7. tepe2

tepe2 Registered Member

I consider to switch from Windows XP firewall to Comodo. Dont know if I should do it now, or wait for the final release of v3. How long to wait? 2 months, 4 or 6? I guess nobody knows.

8. Jadda

Jadda Registered Member

Can't wait to get my hands on the final release. I tried the alpha, and it was very good.

9. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I would bet the release of Comodo 3 final will be closer to 4-6 months away. Plus it is sometimes a good idea to let newly released products become a bit more stable by being on the market for a month or two after their final version is released. In the mean time you may want to try Comodo 2.4 ?

10. tepe2

tepe2 Registered Member

Good advice acr1965. I agree.

Yes I think so.

11. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

A little OT, but how does Comodo 3 HIPS compare to Online Armor2. That is if anyone has tried both. I like OA2 and I'm keeping it, but I was just curious because I have used both Comodos' 2.3 and 2.4 versions before OA2. Thanks :).

12. Coolio10

I would suspect it to be not as powerful as OA as it also removes spyware/adware and checks files. I would say cpf3 is as strong as system safety monitor.

13. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

You can rest easy installing version 2.4. It's great.:)

14. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

If you're a CFP user and also have BOClean and 2 or 3 AS, and an AV, is HIPS really necessary? I'm just asking because I've never used HIPS before. :)

15. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

To be honest, it does seem to be quite powerful, but I don´t really like it, it´s still a bit sluggish on my VM, and I´m not into the GUI. So no Comodo for me.

16. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

I tested its its hips is great but the big drawback....problem is rule changes after restart and loopback problem.and many other...........so...wait for beta release till then back to outpost.........
    pass port scan as well as allmost all leaktest in default mode.......
    Also pass AKLT Test .....good keep going.......

but i must say its much much better that CPF 2.4.........

17. Carver

Carver Registered Member

18. fce

fce Registered Member

19. disinter1

disinter1 Guest

I cannot wait to try this beta out!:D

20. Coolio10

It will probably activate all the unactivated features. First the alpha is there to clean out bugs with the features already activated and than beta will probably come with the rest activated and need to find bugs for the newly activated features. When the major bugs are gone than the RC will come with minor bugs.

After that.....Half the world population with computer will use cpf3 :D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.