Anyone using Bufferzone Pro??

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by nikanthpromod, Sep 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

Why Bufferzone pro not so popular??
    im currently using it..

it has many advantages
    Threat Virtualization" technology
    Identity and Information Theft protection
    Application control.
    Auto sandbox
    firewall
    Force almost all browsers and IMs , USB drives , Cd drives into isolated zone.
    Its Free

Still not so popularo_O

2. waters

waters Registered Member

I use it on its own and just an on demand scanner.Would not be without it

3. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

I used it once. Isolated firefox. But then firefox started acting funny. So I had to uninstall it. Later I found out it was bug in bufferzone. Maybe the latest is good enough and bug free. Otherwise, it's good.

4. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

i would use it if it was easier to commit changes to the system.

5. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

There are plenty of positives with Bufferzone from a security perspective,but every time I've tried it out there have been usability and performance issues.
    I've not tried it for a while though so it might well have improved,but for me Sandboxie has always been a more pleasant experience.

I'll give the new version a run out of curiosity though.

6. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

Bufferzone slow browsing experience dramatically .

7. nikanthpromod

im currently using FF6.. no problem here:)

i couldnt found an option to commit changes to system:doubt:

My computer is 10yrs old intel celeron:( .. for me Bufferzone is very fast and solid performer:D i didnt experience any performance lag;)

8. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

its definitely in there somewhere

fwiw, i experienced no slowdowns when i did trial it.

9. CogitoTesting

CogitoTesting Registered Member

Has anyone here used the beta 64 bit version. If so could you PM me a copy?

PS: I'm a member of their forums I signed up just to be a beta tester of the 64bit version; but so far I have not heard from them.

Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  10. Boost

Boost Registered Member

I used it awhile back for a short period of time,did not have any issues with it.

11. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

and most important part like some already mention NO 64 BIT VERSION so ... *$#$34 it :)

12. nikanthpromod

No 64bit :doubt:

but there is v4 beta which is 64bit
    -http://www.trustware.com/bufferzone_beta/-

13. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

I had it on my mom's computer alongside Avast! with no problems. And although the beta will have 64-bit, they still haven't sent out emails to beta testers, myself included. By the time Bufferzone, Defensewall, and GeSWall come out with 64-bit versions we will all be using 128-bit OSs :p

14. johnsimba

johnsimba Registered Member

I stumbled on Bufferzone Pro while browsing this forum and I'm glad I did. I use Bufferzone Pro with OutPost Security Suite 7.1 free on windows xp 32-bit with no problems except for when Mozilla foxfire needs to update or upgrade, then my browser acts buggy. I have to make adjustments to the policy settings and lower the security temporarily to complete the update. I have used Bufferzone with Comodo Internet Security as well, will no problems. Bufferzone is great virtualization software and you are right, it should be more popular then it is.

15. nikanthpromod

:thumb: :thumb:

16. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Well,for me at least,BZ seems to be more "heavier" than SBIE..i didn't experienced slow downs or something,but...this is the way it felt for me.
    But i will try it again...soon...maybe tonight.:D

17. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

I periodically try BZ about every half year and continuously get BSOD. Maybe becouse I use Comodo Time Machine.

18. emmjay

emmjay Registered Member

I have been using BufferZone Pro for sometime (even before it went free). I use it on W7/32 and I find it quite light. I have also run it on an old XP laptop and it ran well (not heavy at all). Never got it to work under Vista. I have SBIE installed on my desktop and it is an excellent product.

If you are having problems with FF updating it is better to do it outside BZone, then before you restart FF, empty BZone (both tickies) and you will not have any problems with the update. This goes for options, preferences and program updates. If you do them inside BZone, they may disappear when you restart FF.

19. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

I have SBiE. Unless you are a control freak which most of the wider community are not, SBiE I think has a big weakness. In another thread there is a challenge to test SpyShelter's keylogger test. SBiE failed in my opinion. Normally a person opens most files without the steps applied by the locals here.

Have a go and see if SBiE passes Bufferzone's test. Its on their front page to download. When you actually see your Private life sitting there on a hackers HDD for viewing its a sobering moment. And it happened in a flash. Even look n Stop let him out.

http://www.trustware.com/

20. aigle

aigle Registered Member

BZ is good product but heavier, causes slow down. Had mare holes as compraed to SBIE, GW or DW. Development is slow. I guess they are in troubles. Their forums were being spammed in the past with no one to clean. They made pro version free that also indicates that things are not going well with them on economical side.

I will not be surprised if it dies one day.

21. Chuko

Chuko Registered Member

Downloaded BZ test. Run test within sandboxed FF with Internet Access restricted to FF, plug-ins & rundll32, unchecked drop my rights. Admin a/c.
    Results:-
    1. SBIE 1308 message stating TrojDemo.exe failed to run due to start/run restrictions.
    2. Kerio did not pop up. Neither did Winpatrol. This is expected.

But, as you implied, SB's default settings would likely fail that test. Still, I chose SB due to its lightness, effectiveness (taught by generous 'Wilderans'), ease of use, and great value for money. One seldom comes across this combination, I dare say.

Btw, same results above despite several fresh attempts (downloads + runs).

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  22. RJK3

RJK3 Registered Member

Sandboxie makes it clear that by default it only has limited/incidental protection against keyloggers and other data stealers, and isn't designed to protect against leaks.

Any keylogger that tries to install a driver will fail; any keylogger that requires admin rights to run will fail (in the default box with 'drop rights'), but anything else will run just fine. It's up to the user to set the restrictions.

It's purely a program intended to contain infection to a Sandbox - but with the ability to be a potent anti-executable as well.

23. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

Thanks for the Sandboxie tips. Message received & implemented. All's fine now. :thumb:

Unfortunately BufferZone has given me nothing but bluescreens on reboot after install.

24. operamail

operamail Registered Member

As for BZ the only thing I like, is its beauty. I have to admit it has the best looking among GW, DW, SBie and the like. But compatibility and support weights much more to me. So I would go with Sandboxie.

25. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    The title of the program didn't appeal to me. It didn't sounds "protective"....:blink: :thumbd: ...don't know...but I'm particular on how it's called. You know. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.