Anyone uses Bad Ad Johnny (free ad/tracker/malware blocker for chrome) here?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by anon, Feb 3, 2017.

1. anon

anon Registered Member

2. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I was just about to post a new thread about this tool, but I was really impressed by it! It seems to be a simple version of Ghostery but with the option to block specific page elements. I think this might actually be a winner, but I do wonder about privacy, hopefully they will not try to secretly phone home.

3. Tinstaafl

Tinstaafl Registered Member

It looks interesting, but I cannot find many reviews for this product. At the moment I am most comfortable with the filtering done by uBlock O and uMatrix...

4. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

downloadcrew - pffew - ad site
    --> https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/bad-ad-johnny-adblocker-w/bdgggpliahokemcgimpfcaaeknfbjlce

used filter lists
    12 list in total, not all activated. n further lists possible
    it offers black/white list, elements and a hand full of options.

the ui is awfull but simple - annoying - it plays a hahaha sound when re-enabling the buttons (5 in count on the ui)

no, not really comparable or competitive to ublock

5. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

First impression: For me in 64 bit Vivaldi It adds a 4-5 seconds for the first page load when entering a site, once the first page in that site is loaded the pages in that site are fast as usual. Maybe it is a learning thing I dont know. It cleans the page from ads nicely though. If it is optimized better I will try it again.

6. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I'm currently testing it on Chrome and Vivaldi and doesn't seem to be causing any problems. Obviously it's not as advanced uBlock, but I like the simplicity. BTW, I've also tried RedMorph, but I didn't like the interface and it didn't seem to work.

http://www.softwarecrew.com/2017/03/redmorph-is-an-effective-ad-and-tracker-blocker/

7. boredog

boredog Registered Member

It looks like you have to be a purevpn user to use this?

8. anon

anon Registered Member

9. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

downloadcrew is a heavy wasted ad site - thats why i posted chrome store - anything wrong your recognitian?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.