anyone use oupost firewall with wsa

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by zfactor, Dec 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

and if so what setting do you use with both because i notice outpost tries to block some things from wsa i notice a pop up when trying to enter a password into a saved site i get a pop up from outpost i am trying to get a screenshot but it goes away so fast i couldnt.

so wondering who uses outpost with wsa and how do you have it set up to properly work with wsa to allow wsa fully to do what it needs and not have outpost block anything with it.

thanks

2. m0unds

m0unds Guest

i used outpost for a while, but had numerous stability problems with it (driver crashes, application crashes, etc) so i gave up.

while i had it installed, i added rules to exclude wsa from every type of protection provided by outpost. i then ensured under system control in wsa that it wasn't monitoring outpost processes.

3. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

I am using Outpost Pro 8.0 and WSA and all is wonderful no ISSUES at all :D
    Since I trust WSA..I have it allowed

4. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

yeah thats what i did for now i just fully allowed it. hopefully that will be enough and i will not have to worry about it blocking wsa anymore for anything. so far working great no issues as of yet.

if anyone has anything else to add id be willing to try it, thanks

5. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

Did you by any chance exclude them both from each other in the 'exclusion' sections? ;)

6. superssjdan

superssjdan Registered Member

Happy to say I am using the Outpost Suite along with WSA complete with no issues as of yet.Have exclusions set up for each.Outpost prompted me once quickly about some type of injection WSA was doing,but underneath the prompt,it also allowed for an exclusion to be added.Not a peep since.It really is a nice combo..WSA the lightest and one of the most effective solutions on the market,and Outpost..one of the best firewalls and IMO the lightest signature based solution.No lag spikes,or cpu,or memory spikes that I have observed on Win8x64.No noticeable effect on boot time,and Web browsing is still pretty snappy.The 1 year license was a bargain for the Outpost Suite.All in all,everything is working perfectly here.Indeed a testament to the abilities of both companies developers,and certainly to Webroot,for it's ability to work well with other security software.A layered approach,in today's environment,is crucial.A special thanks to hayc59 to pointing me to the resources in the agnitum forums and website.Happy Holidays everyone:D

7. Bodhitree

Bodhitree Registered Member

I have tested Bullguard with WSA with absolutely no issues. Bullguard uses the enterprise edition of Outpost (Agnitum Corporate). No issues at all. I assume the consumer version would be similar?

8. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening ! Currently using Outpost 8.0 Internet Security and WSA Essentials 8.0.2.96. Very impressed with Outpost..Clean...Clear...Uncluttered. Sincerely...Securon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.