Anyone use mouse skates?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Matt_Smi, May 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt_Smi

Matt_Smi Registered Member

I was looking at these http://www.xoxide.com/x-ray-zerofriction-tp5a-mouseskates.html do they really work well? Any problems with them falling off? I use an optical mouse, but no mouse pad, just on wood, and while it is smooth it could be smoother and instead of a mouse pad which I don’t like because my mouse is wireless and I like to use it all over the desk I was thinking of getting these. I also like the idea that they prevent the scuffing and wearing down of the “stock” plastic skates. I mean for $9 shipped I guess I can’t really go wrong, but just looking to see if they actually work and make the mouse feel as smooth as described.

Last edited: May 29, 2005
  2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

At that price it should be worth a try. It should be pretty slick on a good flat surface ;)

3. feddup

feddup Registered Member

I have an icemat (frosted glass) mousepad and an MX700 mouse. The pads are recomended and I like them. They are a pain to replace and they wair out every three months or so. They do make movement easier but it's an added expense. Newegg has about five kinds. It's your call.

4. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

WOW! Another milionaire born! Those remind me of those little velcro dots, and now everyone uses them............I hate mouse pads, too restrictive, so .......wonder if you could make your own.........naw ........let the millionaire ride begin! :)

5. Matt_Smi

Matt_Smi Registered Member

Well I ordered these last week and got them today. I must say I am very happy with them! They made just the difference I was expecting them to. My mouse glides perfectly smooth and does not slow down over certain spots on the desk, it is also much faster now, which takes a bit of getting used to. I can only image how smooth is must be with a good hard mouse pad like an icemat. Anyway for $8 I would recommend these.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.