Anyone use CryptoHeaven.com email?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by sallyo, Oct 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sallyo

sallyo Registered Member

They offer chat and voicemail and storage as well as email and reasonable prices ($66 for a year). I'm not a security expert but I know better than to use Hushmail! ;)

I just read on the CH site that I can download CH on as many computers as I want and my email will show up on all those computers. Is that a security hole? If they don't store anything on their servers, how can my email folders be available on other computers?

Thank you!

I'm also looking at Countermail but they don't have chat or storage yet...

2. Comodo got hacked bad, not sure I trust that part of their OP.

3. sallyo

sallyo Registered Member

Thank you.

4. shuverisan

shuverisan Registered Member

Well, I guess I could have just added to this thread. I didn't even see it. I very recently completed a trail & review of CryptoHeaven.

http://www.thesimplecomputer.info/cryptoheaven-review.html

Your emails are all stored on their servers encrypted in AES and you access them with the client which decrypts everything with your personal key. Your personal key you can choose to keep on their servers (it's encrypted again) so you can use their web-based access options. These would be for using a computer which doesn't have the CryptoHeaven client installed. The bad side to that is that any CH access needs Java. You can't install it on any random comp you want so you may need to hunt for a public computer which uses Java SE. Your personal key will be on each computer you install the CryptoHeaven client onto. If it's a computer you don't trust, I'd not do that, it can be your security hole.
    Countermail is one of THE other choices. Novo Ordo people have talked about on here before, though I know little about them. Not to promo myself, but give the link above a read, it will help you out a lot with CryptoHeaven questions.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.