Anyone tried this?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Hercules AV, Dec 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hercules AV

Hercules AV Guest

2. Ianb

Ianb Registered Member

Not really inspired by the cheap website, and unable to find much about them on the net.

Doesn't seem to be any mention of Heuristics or Script Blocking (unless that is covered by "Ultimate Safe Code" in the features list).

Be interesting to hear what you think of it and nice if Firefighter can put it through it's paces.

3. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

I really like the button in the site that says "aoubt challenger" :D

I'll admit $35 is a pretty good price if the thing really is AV, firewall, and backup application all in one - if they all work well and each part is able to be enabled/disabled by itself.

My first impression, though, is one of doubt having seen such a website. I really would think that people who had made such an application would be able to do a little better there.

4. hercules

hercules Guest

Heh what did you expect the website appears to be done by this guy in China.

It is available in Singapore in Challenger stores. Appears to be a joint co-operation between this China firm and them. The english version is new.

I think we have a few people from Singapore here ,perhaps they could find out more.

5. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Sooo true, Detox. Even I could design a better site, & I can't walk & chew gum at the same time.:D

On the other hand, the DrWeb folks also have rather poorly designed sites, but their AV is quite good.

I leave it to other brave souls to test Hercules. My Christmas present to my computer is to not install any new antivirus programs right now. :cool:

6. hercules

hercules Guest

Well not to defend them or anything, but when i click on the words that say chinese (or at least i think they mean that , being next to "english"), i get a much more professional chinese site.

Looks like the english site is still being developed. Probably need a professional english translator though :)

7. hercules

hercules Guest

It's 35 USD over the net? Wow, I got a bargain then. I got it at about 25USD off the shelves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.