Anyone tried this?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by subratam, Jan 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mullyman

Mullyman Registered Member

Subratam...here is another IE core browser that someone suggested to me...i have never tried it, so i can"t say much about it :cool:

http://www.phaseout.net/

2. Sumire

Sumire Registered Member

I'm trying Advanced Browser for a while. So far not bad.

Advanced Browser's good points.
    -Advanced Browser has basic features what IE based tabbed browser should have. Needless to say, Advanced Browser's features are much better than normal IE.

-Advanced Browser support multiple languages and built-in skin features.

Advanced Browser's bad points.
    -I really like mouse gesture feature, though Advanced Browser have basic mouse gesture feature, but it's feature is really limited.

-Advanced Browser has built-in search bar, but it is also really limited. I couldn't find how to configure search bar.

-Advanced Browser uses registry as a preservation of settings.

Besides a Advanced Browser, I've used AvantBrowser, MyIE2, GreenBrowser, and Sleipnir as IE based tabbed browsers. So far my favorite IE based browser is Sleipnir. Of course this is just my 2 cents.

BTW, Nowadays there are a lot of good web browsers out there. Unfortunately I couldn't find good Web Browsers's comparison url. Does anyone know good Web Browsers's comparison url?

Best Regards.

3. JayK

JayK Poster

Actually there are not that many browsers, you are naming all browser shells.

4. JayK

JayK Poster

Well I don't think people who use MYIE2, greenbrowser
    are a lot better, they are just fooling themselves if they think it's more secure than IE 6.

And yes, feel free not to listen to me, but if you want people to listen to you, try to type properly.

I'm very bad myself , but typing u for you , ur for your is unlikely to get people to even read you.

5. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

On a serious note and along with the subject, what browser would you recommend overall JayK? I'm seriously thinking (just had to reinstall my main machine) about replacing IE and OE (for sure) this time around.

6. Valkyri001

Valkyri001 Registered Member

:)so does this mean there are actually other browsers out there that might be better than IE6

7. subratam

subratam Registered Member

Hi Valkyri,

no browser in web world is perfect in all side and each have its own strengths and weaknesses.... IE6 do have security loopholes and so some other weaknesses exist in other browsers. Its how you click that matters, browsers can somewhat minimise the threats...
    try out Opera, Mozilla and if u like IE6 try one avantbrowser.
    see yourself which suits u better coz at the end u will b browsing thru ur browser ;)
    u want my opinion I do feel yes, there are better options as I named some

thx

8. JayK

JayK Poster

Hence we should all use the one that is most insecure, that is Internet explorer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.