Anyone tried spyware seizer?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Astronomy, Dec 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Astronomy

Astronomy Registered Member

looks like powerful and easy to use,9 real-time shields and remove over 62000

spyware.

Features:http://www.moatsoft.com/features

Download: ~Link to direct download removed - Ron~

:D :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2006
  2. fcukdat

fcukdat Registered Member

I've not encountered it on my travels before.

A google search of the name returns lots of download sites but i'm into page3 and cannot find anything other than the Authors website/download links.

This would suggest that it is new to the market and being heavily pushed.

Next up as a rule of thumb i took the installer for a trip for malware checking at VirusTotal service.
    http://www.virustotal.com/en/indexf.html

STATUS: FINISHEDComplete scanning result of "SpywareSeizer2007.exe", received in VirusTotal at 12.24.2006, 20:08:15 (CET).

Ikarus T3.1.0.27 12.24.2006 not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.NewWeb.i

Aditional Information
    File size: 9051441 bytes
    MD5: 401a2dccd38fd347f8be81442ff9de62
    SHA1: 0e5cb19522503ddcf31a00c6180b8f698ff1c3e9
    packers: BINARYRES

This is not conclusive because only one detection made against it.That said IMO there are plenty of established & trusted softwares on the market to risk
    dabbling in unknown quantities despite the product advertisement claims.

http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm
    contains good information with reguards trusted/suspect ASW softwares.

HTH:)

3. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

4. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

The Privacy Policy doesn't look bad.
    Checked the forum out and it has almost no activity.Looks like a very new program.

5. argus tuft

argus tuft Registered Member

yurk, what an awful colour!
    What little activity there is on that forum is all spam!
    Doesn't look overly promising...
    edit- in the history section, they're claiming it's been around since 2004
    . Spyware Seizer V1.01( released on 1/1/2004)

. Spyware Seizer V2.13 Aplha(released on 1/5/2004)

. Spyware Seizer V2.36( released on 8/7/2004 )

..Spyware Seizer V2.40(released on 1/1/2005)

..Spyware Seizer 2007 V3.0(released on 10/9/2006)

..Spyware Seizer 2007 V3.1(released on 15/10/2006)
    having looked at the forum, I very much doubt thats true...

6. Astronomy

7. Astronomy

Perhaps this product is sold only in a few countries two years ago,But now it i

s sold in the world

8. fcukdat

fcukdat Registered Member

Hmm only available in 2 countries...Do yo know what w.w.w stands for ;)

BTW You make a statement about the software in your first post.

Are you asking for peoples experience to confirm your statement or are you trying to covertly *promote* it ?

My reason for being cautious at best or plain cynical at worst is the obvious marketing push @ download sites and lack of product history available through searching the information superhighway.
    Combine the marketing approach with the time of year(lots of new folks with 'puters for xmas) and well folks can make their own judgements about what they are seeing if they are in full pocession of information.:)

BTW the next marketing ploy would be to get *ringers* to go around downloadsites leaving the *best thing since sliced bread* reviews for the product:rolleyes:

How manytimes has that little ploy been used....too many:mad:

BTW If you are *genuine* and seeking HIBS software,there are plently of free more well known HIBS softwares around to not have to take a *risk* on such an unknown quantity:)

9. Astronomy

I surely understand w.w.w means ,but it's any a domain name,

if the company only released its product in their country two years ago,
    of course the world didn't know it,how do you know such a thing is impossible?

and before you post your views,have you even tried this product?if you didn't,how do you know your view is correct?

I guess you encountered some rogue anti-spyware products before,But does this mean this product is same as such parasite you have used before?

It will be more persuasive if you have really tried this product.

o_O o_O

10. argus tuft

When i said that I doubted that this program had been around for two years, I based that on the contents of the forum. When I looked at it the other day, there was not one legitimate post. Every post there was spam!
    I just checked again, and since my previous post its been cleaned up, the spam is gone, there is now one post asking people not to spam, and another about registering.
    .... Anyway why do you like it? What comparable products have you used? How has it affected system resources? Have you tested it against spycar, or any samples?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2006
  11. btman

btman Registered Member

I like the idea of someone ACTUALLY downloading the program and posting an honest opinion, how about that?

12. argus tuft

btman, You are absolutely right, and I do apologize. I have edited my previous post and removed what I thought were the unacceptable bits...
    Astromony, I am sorry, this was never meant to be a personal attack... and having re-read this it probably seemed like that. In hindsight, it is quite possible for a program to be 'up and running' long before it's forum is...
    But seriously, I would like to know how this program 'stacks up' a bit more before putting it on my pc. I was hoping that Astronomy could tell us a bit more in the way of details... mem. usage, possible conflicts etc.

13. Astronomy

argus tuft,Thank you for moving the focus onto the product

My operation system is windows xp professional vers.2002 service pack 2,I do have other antivirus/hips programs on my computer,nod32 and online armor,
    and their is no conflict between them and spyware seizer 2007.

In most cases memory usage of the real-time protection shields is between 28,000k and 32,000k,but if you do a full scan with the main program,the cpu usage will rise to 90% and cannot do anything since the scanning stopped.i sent an email to the company's technical support for this issue,Be hoping they will solve this problem A.S.A.P.

Online armor is a really good HIPS product,which can prevent every executable program from running on my computer and remove dangerous activex from web sites.I have used microsoft antispyware for a long time,
    I like the real-time monitor of microsoft antispyware,it have over 50 check points can prevent any unknown threat from taking control of my computer, but now it expired,so I wanna discover a substitute for microsoft antispyware
    and a supplement for online armor.Then i found spyware seizer :),I was attracted by the sensitive real-time shields,it even prevent some program writing files into system directory,I really like this function.

And also spyware seizer 2007 can do some more jobs,like monitor startup entries,BHO,ActiveX,Suspicious scripts,IE extensions,toolbars ,win.in,hosts,system.ini,IE menu.and alos contains worm guarder,trojan guarder,memory guarder and so on.

Now i use online armor and spyware seizer combinations for real-time monitoring,and nod32 is an On-Demand scanner for me,I stick with this combinations and they work fine:)

BTW,I never heard spycar since you told me,i will take time to make a test :)

:D :D :D :D

Last edited: Dec 28, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.