Anyone tried Kerio 2 and Netvada

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by djg05, May 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

I thought that I would try putting in Netvada over Kerio 2. It seems that they don't like to play together. Neither saw the other and I could connect to the internet albeit slowly and very slowly. Netvada didn't see all the programs connecting and I deleted what it had allowed which it then failed to recognise and allowed, even after rebooting.

Anyone else tried this?

2. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

Nah.
    kerio 2.1.4 crashed my PC if i had BOTH installed at the same time, so i didn't get a chance to see. ;)

3. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Yes - mine was heading that way. I thought it was interesting that they did not see each other. Does this show a flaw in one or the other?

4. ghost16825

ghost16825 Registered Member

No it just shows that running two commerical firewalls at the same time is asking for trouble. As you have shown, the machine often becomes less secure rather than anything else.

5. Arup

Arup Guest

The only other firewall or more appropriately, a packet filter that is designed to work with existing firewalls is CHX, when configured properly, I have tested almost all major firewalls with it running simultaneously and it works fine, taking up any slack left over by your main firewall.

Currently I am running Kerio 2.15 with it as well as NetVeda on my other machine with CHX.

6. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

what was your installation order?

I had this...

netveda ---> NOD32 ---> Kerio

[I think NOD32's LSP settings may be causing something as well]

7. Arup

Arup Guest

no 13,

I am not using them together, only Kerio+CHX or NetVeda+CHX

8. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

That is really my point. Can this be used to exploit a weakness in the system?

9. DRI

DRI Guest

Depends on what type of firewall's you are referring to! If you use a packet filter and an application filtering fw together, that is fine. Just a small problem with resource or driver conflicts with two of the same kernel level drivers trying to fight for resources or priority.

DRI

10. Arup

Arup Guest

In case of CHX, it works after the firewall filters so takes up whatever passed off by the firewalls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.