anyone still using this firewall..?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by hayc59, Feb 4, 2017.

1. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

or is it completely dead in the water

2. ichito

ichito Registered Member

Yes...I'm using but actually not in daily work...LnS is installed with SD in one of snapshots of my system (Keriver 1-Click) that I'm using from time to time to work/test some apps.

3. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi hayc59
    Mainly Use Linux OS [back to the best OS again :thumb:] , but yes I use it all the time when using Windows , because I have not updated from Win7 and Win 8.1.

Take Care
    TheQuest :cool:

4. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

TheQuest, back at you...it is free now correct? and will check it out

5. ichito

ichito Registered Member

LnS free?...according to its page you have only 30 days free trial...I don't know how it will work without typing valid e-mail and serial number.

6. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

It isnt free, it also doesnt work on anything newer than Windows 7.

7. PBo

PBo Registered Member

Same question here.
    I don't mind LnS not working on Win10. I use Win7 64 and will upgrade to Linux.
    LnS is the best firewall I've ever had. The recent ones I tried are heavy, invasive and some have altered my system settings to the point I had to restore it.
    If I understand, it's no longer possible to buy LnS?
    If the owner is no longer interested at it, maybe he could make it free and unlock it? This software doesn't deserve to be killed. It's a big loss.
    Is there any other firewall that is comparable to LnS, light, a real firewall that does nothing else but filter network connections?

8. guest

guest Guest

Most actual FWs software are bonus features in suites, unlike before. So basically standalone are almost dead.
    I'm using customized Windows FW and it is good enough for me, since i am in my own network behind a NAT router and my system is locked.
    However if i had to install a 3rd party FW , i woud set a corporate or hardware one.

9. boredog

boredog Registered Member

I have been using Tiny Wall for a while and like it. easy to use and you don't have to disconnect your physical internet connection. Just click block all. It also has a search on Virus Total.

10. Salsaerrol

Salsaerrol Registered Member

Still using LnS on a windows 7 computer

11. 71Darrin

71Darrin Registered Member

Hey Guys I am still using LnS on Windows 7 64bit. Best Firewall period. Been trying to get hold of PhantOm regarding unlocking this firewall to freeware or at least confirming payed for license is good forever regardless of Windows Product ID. Anybody have any kind of pull to PM him regarding his health and this? Can't believe he is going to let this die without saying something about its future. Not all of us want to run Windows 8,8.1,10. Mabie we can get a petition together?

12. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Phant0m is not the developer of LnS firewall. It was Frederic. Unfortunately Frederic has not visited this forum in many years.

Phant0m had a supplemental ruleset for LnS.

13. 71Darrin

Yea I'm aware of that but one of the two had to shut down the purchase of LnS. I'm just trying to make sure that my license will be good for as long as I need it since I paid for it, hence the name soft4ever...

14. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Hi 71Darrin.

Unfortunately the decision was all Frederic's. However as long as the official site is up, and registering with existing product license should still be possible. ;)

15. 71Darrin

Thank You PhantOm for your reply! It's good to hear from you as always! In the event that the site gets shutdown - will LnS be unlocked? Will there be English language available anymore since only French language is available now? Do you have any pull with Frederic regarding customers with Lifetime licenses? Sorry for dragging this out... and Thank You for your time and consideration.

16. Phant0m

Unfortunately... as much as I have enjoyed using Look 'n' Stop product. Helping Frederic with development, and aiding with technical support. I haven't been using the product on my primary desktop since the beginning of Windows 10.

I might be misunderstanding here, but the English releases of the product is still available for downloading. http://www.looknstop.com/En/download.htm

I don't know how it'll work if the server goes down that authorizes the owned licenses. I was always with Internet connection when activating. I suppose it'll probably work for certain duration then require to be confirmed via Internet. I really don't know for certain though.

I think you can still contact technical support. Asking these questions via site technical support system probably yield better success rates. You may not see prompt response, so be patient. I do apologize if you have already tried this means.

Regards.

17. 71Darrin

Hi PhantOm! Thanks for your reply and your help/advice. I just tried your link and downloaded both the 32 and 64bit English versions and they are both definitely in French language. As a matter of fact all the downloads on that page are in French...Hmmm. Just thought you might want to tell Frederic, and Thank You for your time and consideration.

18. Phant0m

Hi. You are getting confused here. That download page contains both English, French and ' Other (*) ' downloads for 32 and 64bit packages.

I've just downloaded the English 64bit package and compared via File hash with the one I've downloaded many year(S) ago. It's exactly the same one I've used to install, many years ago .. which was indeed the package for the English Look 'n' Stop product.

19. Phant0m

The Look 'n' Stop x64 English package downloaded and USED many year(S) ago.
    28570e82d5cf08131e763965cde89d5d LooknStop_Setup_207_x64_VC2005.exe

Look 'n' Stop x64 English package JUST downloaded from ../En/download.htm
    28570e82d5cf08131e763965cde89d5d LooknStop_Setup_207_x64_VC2005 (2).exe

Look 'n' Stop x64 French package JUST downloaded from ../En/download.htm
    dd7a5237789ac9abd58b0cb64cba453e Installation_LooknStop_207_x64_VC2005.exe

... don't go by the installation package file properties details. Language always shown French on the English packages. ;)

20. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

Phantom...I would love to give this firewall a go..but who for the life of me would pay that kinda dollars for
    a program NO longer supported or updated, that is just insane

21. 71Darrin

OK, I stand corrected! Thank You PhantOm, may I have another! I was not aware the language is always shown in French on the English packages. I will get out of your hair now, respectively. Thank You again and have a great day!

22. boredog

boredog Registered Member

No longer even for sale.

https://shopper.mycommerce.com/checkout/cart/add/2894-2

23. Phant0m

We all were expecting this. :'(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.