anyone still even use ultimate defrag?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by zfactor, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

anymore here? has anyone heard from them email or other recently? just curious since in 3 weeks they do not respond to emails i sent from 2 different email address'?

thanks

2. Spruce

Spruce Registered Member

No, I like the program but you just don't hear or see anything from the developer(s) and can't get any support.

3. mike42

mike42 Registered Member

I still use it. They announced the new version 4 for early this year (2012). However, a whole lot of bugs I reported to them concerning version 3 are still not fixed. I find it a very strange policy releasing a new major version without the old one being (substantially) bug-free. And I have the strong suspicion that with a new major release a whole bunch of new bugs will be introduced and the whole game will start over again.
    Their developer acknowledged my reported bugs more than a year ago, but none of them have been fixed meanwhile. But they keep sending me discount offers for the current version every few weeks, although I have a valid license since long.
    The program is very powerful and in principle by far the best for my needs. But buggy as it is and with that support it is just a plain pity.

4. Keatah

Keatah Registered Member

I, personally, use it. But due to the ~ Snipped as per TOS ~ customer relations and overall 'bugginess' I cannot recommend it as much as I like. I give folks the straight skinny. I tell them there's lots of little quirks and what they are. I also tell them about competing products and what their quirks are. And they invariably choose the more-bug-free applications. Can't blame em.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2012
  5. Keatah

Keatah Registered Member

I also need to add that with the advent of SSD's upon us, there will be no need for any program like this. They're gonna need to write stuff for SSD's, and about the only thing you need to worry about with those is contiguous free space.

However I see that free space management is now being built into the controller more frequently.. So..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.