Anyone know about video editing? I need some help!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by dja2k, Aug 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

I am running into walls here breaking my head and finding the right capture card for a video editing computer that I am building for a firend. They do mostly video editing and right now they are using a pinnacle pci card to input analog video, yeah they don't do digital yet. Anyways, I heard pinnacle is getting old and I need to find something that will work for them. I was thinking of an ATI all in wonder pci express card or any of these two:

ADS Tech API-555 IEEE 1394 Interface

Link

or

Turtle Beach TBS-1500-01 PCI Interface

Link

Don't know if this is too much for analog video to dv for now, maybe they don't need this much. I need suggestions. I know that if they work Firewire DV later, they can just use an existing firewire port and use software for the the video capture etc. I was even thinking of just a video card with VIVI (video in video out). I don't really know much about this, yet I do know the difference in time from hardware encoding to software encoding, but I don't think this people will mind the difference, yet I don't know what pinnacle used before, if it was software or hardware encoding.

Can analog video be supported and obtained just using a video card with vivo (video in video out)

Any help and suggestions are welcome!

dja2k

Last edited: Aug 31, 2006
  2. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Nevermind, I ordered the ADS system over the Turtle Beach. Thanks for the views anyways.

dja2k

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.