Anyone know about video editing? I need some help!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by dja2k, Aug 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

I am running into walls here breaking my head and finding the right capture card for a video editing computer that I am building for a firend. They do mostly video editing and right now they are using a pinnacle pci card to input analog video, yeah they don't do digital yet. Anyways, I heard pinnacle is getting old and I need to find something that will work for them. I was thinking of an ATI all in wonder pci express card or any of these two:

ADS Tech API-555 IEEE 1394 Interface

Link

or

Turtle Beach TBS-1500-01 PCI Interface

Link

Don't know if this is too much for analog video to dv for now, maybe they don't need this much. I need suggestions. I know that if they work Firewire DV later, they can just use an existing firewire port and use software for the the video capture etc. I was even thinking of just a video card with VIVI (video in video out). I don't really know much about this, yet I do know the difference in time from hardware encoding to software encoding, but I don't think this people will mind the difference, yet I don't know what pinnacle used before, if it was software or hardware encoding.

Can analog video be supported and obtained just using a video card with vivo (video in video out)

Any help and suggestions are welcome!

dja2k

Last edited: Aug 31, 2006
  2. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Nevermind, I ordered the ADS system over the Turtle Beach. Thanks for the views anyways.

dja2k

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.