Anyone here like to test firewall schemes for effectiveness? XP Pro..

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Sully, Aug 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sully

Sully Registered Member

I have a couple TeamSpeak Servers up on XP Pro boxes, they also use TightVNC. I have services tweaked and ports shut except those I need open. I am using only IPsec rules and windows firewall (SP2). I was wondering if anyone around here likes to test stuff like this out, and see how secure it really is. I like firewalls and all, but have not any in-depth experience with how to really bypass them.

Just wondering. I can set you up with a batch file to create the ipsec rules only you need to modify for your IP's. Of course installing Teamspeak Server RC2 latest version would be needed as well as TightVNC.

Sul.

2. StevieO

StevieO Registered Member

How much you paying ? Only kidding.

Are you asking for people to try and attack you ? If so, i know a nice little App i could use against your server.

3. tipstir

tipstir Registered Member

Sounds like you want us to test your security and see how well it is..

4. Sully

Sully Registered Member

lol, no please, not perform an brute force attack on my servers. But as you say, for someone who really knows what is what, to see how my setup fares against likely real world attacks. Maybe not worried so much on POC or very rare attacks, but the things you would most likely be exposed to needing to defend for.

That is, I supply you with the batch file for the rules, and you put a server up, open ports in router and test against yourself. I don't think posting that I want my servers target would be good at all ;)

Sul.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  5. tipstir

tipstir Registered Member

I would have to use one of my Proxy Servers to test this out, but in any case that's how someone should go about it.

6. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

|-|0w 70 |-|4(k kiddi35 734m5p34k 53rv3r p4r7 1 f0r |\|ub5 r0f1m40

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.