anyone heard of windowzones?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by sach1000rt, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sach1000rt

sach1000rt Registered Member

2. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

Check out this forum for the "windowzones" keyword- it has been already discussed here.

3. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Yes, it was already discussed, and if I´m correct it only strips admin rights from processes so it´s not really a sandbox, at least not a powerful one. I don´t see why I should pay for this, you can do the same thing with DropMyRights or Software Restriction Policies (XP Pro). I´m also not sure if the ability to toggle process admin rights without restart (the "killer" feature in WinZones) is a good idea. :rolleyes:

4. ylssky

ylssky Registered Member

5. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

Yes, you are correct.

How could you! It is patent-pending technology!! :D

6. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,

This product is the featured download at download dot com. today. I just wonder:

Does it just stand around other sandboxes, such as DefenseWall, Sandboxie..
    or actually above them ?

Its first appearance here is dated back to one year ago, there was a guy named Davepl from its incubator made few pitches, I just wonder is he still around to make more straight fall balls( straight forward talks, not a marketing style of sliders--confusing and dizzying),or its loyal users can step in as a mid- reliever ? Thanks.

7. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I was the one who posted older thread about it. I just noticed it while surfing. After that I never heard of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.