Anyone Heard of RichFX Player?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Shae, Sep 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shae

Shae Registered Member

I was wondering if anyone had heard of RichFX player. I discovered a folder for it on my PC. I've run both Ad-Aware and Spybot Search & Destroy and neither picked it up. I was just curious as to what it is...I noticed their EULA reads a tad on the strange side.... o_O

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

you can read more here and here

bigc

3. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hi Shae,

As this is not a topic related to general forum issues, I am moved it to Software & Services where it will get more attention.

4. Shae

Shae Registered Member

Sorries, I put this in the wrong place. I did check out the sites you mentioned bigC. Sounds like it might be a nasty, as my security settings prevented it from using Active X...I believe either IE-Spyad or SpywareBlaster put it in the Restricted Sites..so evidently this thing must spy on ya...good thing I got rid of it. :(

5. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

I've got RichFX too, and can't remember ever specifically installing it. I have a sneaking suspicion it "piggybacks" in on top of RealPlayer, which would make sense if it's in effect a plug-in for RP plus it's typical of Real's "style".

6. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Unfortunatly there are quite a few programs the piggy back into your comp. At least good security apps. usually will alert you. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.