Anyone Heard of RichFX Player?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Shae, Sep 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shae

Shae Registered Member

I was wondering if anyone had heard of RichFX player. I discovered a folder for it on my PC. I've run both Ad-Aware and Spybot Search & Destroy and neither picked it up. I was just curious as to what it is...I noticed their EULA reads a tad on the strange side.... o_O

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

you can read more here and here

bigc

3. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hi Shae,

As this is not a topic related to general forum issues, I am moved it to Software & Services where it will get more attention.

4. Shae

Shae Registered Member

Sorries, I put this in the wrong place. I did check out the sites you mentioned bigC. Sounds like it might be a nasty, as my security settings prevented it from using Active X...I believe either IE-Spyad or SpywareBlaster put it in the Restricted Sites..so evidently this thing must spy on ya...good thing I got rid of it. :(

5. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

I've got RichFX too, and can't remember ever specifically installing it. I have a sneaking suspicion it "piggybacks" in on top of RealPlayer, which would make sense if it's in effect a plug-in for RP plus it's typical of Real's "style".

6. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Unfortunatly there are quite a few programs the piggy back into your comp. At least good security apps. usually will alert you. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.