anyone heard anything on auslogics defrag pro updates??

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by zfactor, Jul 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

been using it since it came out and has yet to be a update since maybe a few days after it came out meanwhile they continue to update the free version all the timeo_O? does that make any sense at all the PAID version should be the one updated before the free one. ive seen multiple update for the free one yet nothing for defrag pro... just wondering if anyone has had any contact and or heard anything about that. thanks

2. zfactor

and yet even after a response here at wilders of a update in another thread there is still no updates for this program. its almost a year old without a update to be found.. lol some paid software this was no wonder lately they have been giving it away everywhere for free.

3. Narxis

Narxis Registered Member

Version History

4.1.0.0 (16/10/2012)
    added new SSD Optimization profile, which allows processing of SSD drives using special algorithms optimized for this drive type
    added new settings page in Options, which now includes SSD-related settings that existed along with the newly added options, thus expanding functionality for working with SSD drives
    new page with important SSD-related settings added to installer that recommends configuring SSD options before using the program
    Defrag Wizard is now displayed upon program installation to make it easier for new users to get familiar with the program and to configure optimal settings from the start
    made important changes to program interface to simplify and expedite the process of getting familiar with program functionality for new users
    added informational notes in the list of drives in the main program window
    added automatic check for updates
    made significant improvements in working with profiles - now you can add, delete and edit paths and files in profile settings using a simple and convenient editor, without having to enter anything manually
    significantly expanded the section related to disk cleanup prior to defragmentation: now you can empty the Recycle Bin, browser cache and Windows Updates temporary files before defragmenting
    improved MFT data display on the drive map
    fixed all known bugs
    optimized existing disk defragmentation algorithms
    corrected language file errors

4. zfactor

from whereo_O i just downloaded it directly from the link on auslogics web site and installed it and its still the previous version.

5. Jim1cor13

Jim1cor13 Registered Member

Hi zfactor :)

At majorgeeks, they also are listing the latest version 4.1.0.0 Auslogic must not have updated their site yet, which is kind of strange, but it happens.

Here is the link from majorgeeks:
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/Auslogics_Disk_Defrag_Pro_d7760.html

Have a good night/day :)

Jim

6. Narxis

Narxis Registered Member

That link will forward you to cnet? Because cnet has the old version but after you clicked on the cnet link they will offer a direct download link from auslogics website. I downloaded from their site and it's the new version.

Maybe they need more money and that is why first they offer you the cnet download link.

7. zfactor

i did finally get the new version but most of the issues i had previously are still there. like the mft issue. even though it says it defragged it when you analyze the disk the mft squares are all over the place?? why not put them TOGETHER if you are going to bother defragging them should they not also be consolidated?? not sure but i would expect them to be during a boot time scan but it does not. it claims it defrags them...and i wish i had more options for placement. you dont have any options except to use one of the preset methods. i wish there was a way to change more advanced settings.

overall it works but not really any better imo then the free one except allowing to defrag at boot time and having a few more settings. oh well...

8. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

9. Aventador

Aventador Registered Member

A very good defrag. Especially since I got it for free over at GAOTD. It can tend to be slow at times. May switch back to Ultra Defrag.

10. Narxis

Narxis Registered Member

4.2.0.0 (31/10/2012)
    added full support for all released editions of Windows 8 PRO
    added cluster map type and style selection, the map now has an even more attractive look
    profile settings window can now be maximized to allow viewing more settings simultaneously
    the calendar on the Reports and Scheduler pages has been improved
    improved offline processing of external drives and floppy drives
    improved SSD drive statistics display, introduced new "SSD is in satisfactory condition" status for more exact reporting of this drive type`s real state
    corrected the "STR_LOG_ERR_001: BootExecute initial value restoration failed" bug, eliminated the cause of offline defrag looping
    made the program compatible with AVG 2013 in the Offline Defrag mode
    fixed minor bugs and made corrections in various program sections

11. zfactor

thanks for the update!

12. Narxis

Narxis Registered Member

No problem. Are you satisfied now? :)

13. zfactor

sort of. i would still like to see more options. i know you can create a custom profile but its still limited on options as to what you can do with that profile. also the problem of it not fully placing the mft together is still there. even though it says its defragged if you do a scan you can see the mft is still scattered about the drive and not placed in a nice line like some other apps will do like perfectdisk for instance.

but that they are FINALLY giving it SOME attention yes for that i am thankful, its a great app just needs a few more things and i think it could compete with the "big boys" of defragging imo (diskeeper and perfectdisk)

14. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

UPDATE

Auslogics Disk Defrag Pro 4.2.1.0

Changes in Auslogics Disk Defrag Pro 4.2.1.0 (08/11/2012):
    * fixed several exceptions
    * corrected language file errors

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.