Anyone had new things asking for firewall permission after the latest windows update?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Jager, Jun 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jager

Jager Registered Member

I've just installed some updates through microsoft update when a high priority one for Net Framework 3.5 Assistant(or something like that) was pushed through. I also installed updates for Atheros lan driver and IE 8 compatabaility view list. I restarted my computer, then logged onto Battle.net with WarCraft III. After logging on I got several notifications asking for outbound permission(they were green) for something about "LSA Shell", but it said they were published by Microsoft(My firewall is on Interactive mode). I denied them not knowing why I was suddenly getting new things wantign to use the internet.
    I'm using ESS version 4.0.437.0.

Has anyone else had this with recent updates from Microsoft, or know what it is that is trying to communicate?

Edit: Ok so I just realise that the new firewall build for ESS might have updated at teh same time, so that could be the reason. Anyone else had this?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

no such prompts on my machine but the updated firewall has some new rules and tweaks introduced so it is possible that on your config more things were detected

3. stratoc

stratoc Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.