Anyone had luck with Data Recovery Software?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by berryracer, Jul 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

So I formatted my external 1 TB Seagate HDD by mistake...

This was the first time for me to put Recuva for the test..

It restored all my data but:

1) The foledr structure was lost, all the data was restored to the root of the parition so I had like more than a million files, MP3s, videos, dll files, etc, all scattered around and it made it impossible to go through each one of them. Furthermore, there are some software folders so I wouldnt know which DLL goes under which folder, like the Office 2010 installation files

2) not all data was readable, some of them were corrupted, although I haven't written over anything

is there any other GOOD software out there that really works?

I find it surprising how some companies can restore data successfully even though the HDD was formatted many times but Recuva sucks

I dont mind paying a small fee but dont want something that would break the bank as I would rarely use this app only in such cases where I made a clumsy mistake

Thanks

2. RJK3

RJK3 Registered Member

For file recovery, Photorec finds much more than Recuva's deep scan when tested on the same flash media IME. I wouldn't expect to get the directory structure with a free file recovery tool.

Did you try recovering the partition?

3. berryracer

Yes I tried recovering the entire partition...

IF you're saying you cant recover the directory structure...then what do you guys do when you recover the entire partition? Spends months just copying every file selectively? :(

4. berryracer

I just realized I have a copy of EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard Professional v5.5.1 which I got for Free when I purchased some app

Lemme see how this goes

5. RJK3

RJK3 Registered Member

No I mean recover the partition with partition software like Testdisk. Recovering partitions is not really something I've had to do often. I've not had to do it because of a formatted drive, so maybe I'm being really thick with the suggestion. Still... worth a try if the drive hasn't been written to.

Yes I've got the setup file sitting on my drive too. Let us know how it goes :) I've not used it, as ironically the last time I used an EASEUS partition manager - I had to fix the corrupted partition with Testdisk.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  6. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

From my extensive experience with this software,I highly recommend it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.