Anyone getting the Lumia 1020?

Discussion in 'hardware' started by elapsed, Jul 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

The smartphone looks quite interesting, the main feature is the camera and from the videos I've seen is quality is really awesome. Is anyone else thinking of buying one? I'm going to wait until I can try one myself in a store but the camera really intrigues me.

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

At the moment I'm happy with Android phones and will stick with them for the time being. I'm not yet sold on Windows phones, but this does look like an interesting phone, and can attest to extremely high quality and reliability of Nokia phones, as they used to be the only brand I would own.

3. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Not for anything higher than $0.00, but willing to accept lower deals.

4. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

On contract I guess? I wish, but I doubt it until it's been out for half a year or something and dropped down in price. Reading about some of the possible off-contract prices worries me a bit, as I was hoping to avoid one.

5. J_L

J_L Registered Member

I was being sarcastic, meaning only accepting giveaways unless they paid me. A good contract (with at least tethering) might actually sway me though.

6. henryg

henryg Registered Member

For a 41-megapixel shooter, I would say that's pretty impressive. I currently own the Lumia 920... it's a well made phone.

7. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Here in Australia we don't have contracts with tethering - it does not matter how you use your mobile data it is all charged the same. Am I right in thinking that in the US you get more mobile data use to use on your phone, than when you are using from your PC?

I don't like the word tethering, as it seems to be an iPhone oriented word, and I was using mobile data from my PC long before I ever heard of tethering.

8. ZeroDay

ZeroDay Registered Member

Nokia do make quality phones, it's just a shame they've spoilt this one by running windows mobile on it. But that's just my opinion, I like my iPhone and I'll be sticking with Apple for the foreseeable.

9. henryg

henryg Registered Member

You didn't expect them to run....... Symbian?

10. J_L

J_L Registered Member

I don't actually have a data plan in the US, so I wouldn't know.

Well, I don't know of any other terms for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.