Anyone Ever tried "X-Cleaner"?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Comp01, Oct 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

I found this on Webattack, and like it as it says it can fit on a floppy disk, but, what I want to know, has anyone tired it? and what do they think of it? (Heres a link: http://www.xblock.com/download-freeware.shtml)

2. BlackSwan

BlackSwan Registered Member

Been using it for some time. It's a neat little programme that requires no installation (you just run it from any location) and enables you to erase most traces of both your computer and internet activity. Moreover, it can generate random passwords of low, medium and high degree of security for use in your various logins, and offers a few other interesting features you can also explore.

It is configurable to a reasonable extent for such a small utility, which happens to be the freeware version of a much more sophisticated commercial programme (only drawback is it is configured by default to look silently for updates, but you can easily switch this option off). :)

I run it every week or so alongside MRU-Blaster, Spider, CleanUp! and System Security Suite, and so far it's been doing its job quite well. All in all, I can say I like it a lot. :)

BS

3. JayK

JayK Poster

I don't like it myself. Personal opinion. False positives a lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.