anyone ever see this before desktop.ini copies itself to everything

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by winterlord, Nov 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winterlord

winterlord Registered Member

hello i was wondering if anyone knows anything about this. anytime i plug in a memory usb stick or create a new folder even when i set a few files to get rdy to burn using windows it always copies a desktop.ini into the folder or onto the usb stick. it even always gets copied to my desktop i have deletede it but it just comes back. is this normal is it part of some system or windows 7. also it is always a hidden file but is seen when you select show hidden files

here is a pic of it

thanks
    winter

Attached Files:

2. softtouch

softtouch Registered Member

This is normal behavior. Usually, you wont see them because "Hide protected operating system files" is checked by defauly in the folder view settings. You have unchecked it and see the desktop.ini appearing everywhere.
    Desktop.ini is used to tell windows how to display a folder.

3. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

4. winterlord

winterlord Registered Member

ok thanks. wich items should be checked and wich unchecked? i heard some defualt items are checked by default like show hidden files ect, and that if it's checked viruses can hidfe from antivirus spoftware. not sure if this is still true nowadays, but wich of the 4 main ones would you uncheck

5. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.