Anyone else watch these AV testing Videos on Youtube?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by TrojanHunter, Nov 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrojanHunter

TrojanHunter Registered Member

2. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

hiya,

its been mentioned before ;)

I think his name is matt from remove-malware.com, hes a member of wilders, and likes to do videos :)

3. TrojanHunter

TrojanHunter Registered Member

Thanks /\

I know it's harder to remove all that malware from an infected machine, but his videos really put it into perspective how awful some of these applications are at removing unwanted programs and other malware.

4. rendez2k

rendez2k Registered Member

I've become a bit of a fan of Matts and have purchased SAS after his great review...

5. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

i think he needs to be carefull with some of his reviews, when ive watched a few, ive got that little feeling of 'favouritisms' entering into his reviews.

but then again, i suppose all testers have favourites.

but yep, he does a good job.... keep up the work :)

Q. How does he choose which samples are to be used on each review?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  6. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

Yeah, I also think there is marginal favouritism.

See the A2-Anti Malware 4.0 review, it puts explorer.exe as FP and also misses a ton of malware (including malware exe, as shown by SAS log ). Yet it recieves the awesome rating ... o_O

@CSJ
    From what I understand, he runs a VM on machine in a DMZ. Which has no updates or AV. Then he just surfs across to malware and then allows them to infect.
    As the case with most malware, you get infected by one. It will download and install a couple more. Soon you have a army of malware.

7. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Registered Member

Anybody saw the kaspersky 2009 review? I am not a security expert but in this video he didnt make it better :doubt: because the system was already infected with host file probably hijacked ,for this reason kaspersky couldnt update at all, he didnt understand the " Advanced Desinfection technology" , for a quick clean to make the system more "responsable" he could use Quick Scan with maximum settings after that do a full scan with maximum settings. I am not a fanboy I dont use it either but i dont agree with his review for this reasons :blink:

8. H47

H47 Registered Member

Yeah. Watching his videos has become my latest obsession.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.