Anyone else tried shadowuser

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by rollers, Feb 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rollers

rollers Registered Member

Hi, I hope I have put this in the right place.......if not my apologies. I am just wondering if anyone else has tried shadowuser recently. There do not seem to be many recent postings. After reading a little about it I decided to give it a try as I have other family members that use this computer and I wanted something to stop them mucking it up for me. Well, I have to say that I am impressed, so much so I bought it. It takes a little research of what folders to exclude so they can be updated, such as your security software and the email storage folders, but once that is done you can fiddle to your hearts content and when you reboot.............hey presto, all back in pristine condition!
    I have been trying if for a few days now, and after a few trail and errors, it is locked down just how I want it.................useable but secure, a very nice balance and works very well on my nod32, TDS and boclean.
    If you have several users that are prone to changing things that you don't want them to causing you hours of formatting and reinstalling, then this is very good software. Once up and running correctly it is set and forget, apart from updating windows, then you have to boot out of shadow mode.
    I would be interested to find out if others have found it useful too. Not cheap at $69, around 30 odd quid, but the hours it should save me! Also, any infestations should be banished after a reboot, although I have to admit I am yet to become infested with it one, I always practice safe s..........urfing.

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.