Anyone else having problems with Mullvad?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Phil McCrevis, Jul 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phil McCrevis

Phil McCrevis Registered Member

Last two days or so Mullvad has not been working properly for me, especially the NL & SE servers. They will not connect at all or will drop connection shortly after establishing connection. Happens on their client as well as the openvpn client. Anyone else experiencing this?

Edit: just in case anyone who uses Mullvad is interested. I finally got ahold of someone @ mullvad, seems they are updating their servers for ipv6 and it's causing some connection issues. For now US & German servers should work fine however NL & SE servers will have some issues. Didn't tell me when they expect all servers to be back to normal.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  2. caspian

caspian Registered Member

I haven't had any problems. But I generally use the Netherlands exit node.

3. Phil McCrevis

Are you running linux? As far as I know this only affects people using windows. I'm using win7-8 and the only servers I can get to work in SE or NL are se2.mullvad.net, nl8.mullvad.net, nl9.mullvad.net. All US and German servers seem to work fine.

4. caspian

No I am running Windows 7. And so you have a problem connecting to the Netherlands? Sometimes it takes a minute or 2 but it always connects. Maybe there is a piece of software on your computer that is interfering. I have even connected from a VM while my real computer was already connected to another VPN. No problem. Do you think your ISP may be blocking it?

5. Phil McCrevis

EDIT: all serves seem back to normal now.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  6. caspian

I'm glad it's working for you again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.