Anyone else having problems with Mullvad?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Phil McCrevis, Jul 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phil McCrevis

Phil McCrevis Registered Member

Last two days or so Mullvad has not been working properly for me, especially the NL & SE servers. They will not connect at all or will drop connection shortly after establishing connection. Happens on their client as well as the openvpn client. Anyone else experiencing this?

Edit: just in case anyone who uses Mullvad is interested. I finally got ahold of someone @ mullvad, seems they are updating their servers for ipv6 and it's causing some connection issues. For now US & German servers should work fine however NL & SE servers will have some issues. Didn't tell me when they expect all servers to be back to normal.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  2. caspian

caspian Registered Member

I haven't had any problems. But I generally use the Netherlands exit node.

3. Phil McCrevis

Are you running linux? As far as I know this only affects people using windows. I'm using win7-8 and the only servers I can get to work in SE or NL are se2.mullvad.net, nl8.mullvad.net, nl9.mullvad.net. All US and German servers seem to work fine.

4. caspian

No I am running Windows 7. And so you have a problem connecting to the Netherlands? Sometimes it takes a minute or 2 but it always connects. Maybe there is a piece of software on your computer that is interfering. I have even connected from a VM while my real computer was already connected to another VPN. No problem. Do you think your ISP may be blocking it?

5. Phil McCrevis

EDIT: all serves seem back to normal now.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  6. caspian

I'm glad it's working for you again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.