Anyone else experience this? Weird stuff...

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by acr1965, Nov 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I tried Firefox 2 and noticed that my yahoo email account had considerably less spam on a daily basis. Then, just for the heck of I switched back to IE6 and my spam box went back to original 100+ or so per day. With FF2 I was getting like 10-15 emails in my spam box per day.

My computer is loaded with anti-malware programs: NOD32, SpySweeper, Comodo firewall and SSM. Plus I run as stand alone scanners AVG Anti-Spyware, SuperAntiSpyware, CounterSpy and Blacklight.

Could all the above programs be missing something that causes my IE to direct more spam to my yahoo inbox?

2. herbalist

herbalist Guest

I can't see how switching browsers would affect the amount of spam in a Yahoo mailbox. The only way I see this could actually happen would be that the spam was coming from your own PC, using Internet Explorer. Looking at the list of your security-ware, that doesn't seem likely.
    I would switch back to Firefox for a while and see if you can duplicate the results again. If it does work that way again, you've got some digging to do. It's not impossible that something could be missed by all the security apps but it's unlikely. If an offending item was already on your system when SSM and Comodo were installed, they might not block it.
    Before you do anything more, see if you can duplicate those results again. I'd suspect that it was a coincidence.
    Rick

3. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I'll run my IE6 for the next 3-4 days and not empty my spam folder to keep an accurate count. Then I'll empty my yahoo spam folder, reinstall FF2, make it my default browser and run it for the same amount of time on the internet without emptying my spam folder. I'll post the numbers if something looks weird again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.