Anyone aware of a conflict between Malwarebytes and Norton again?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ratchet, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

I was out of the house for over an hour so I really can't shed much light on the circumstances. The W7 desktop "sleeps" after 15 minutes. When I got back on it there was Norton A-V (just a-v, no 360) requesting reboot now to finish cleaning the threat. It did appear to be a legitimate Norton window so I did reboot. Then I checked the Norton log and it listed several "unauthorized access blocked" over various times, the "actor" being Malwarebytes
    Since I don't know how I did, I can't seem to drill down to where it listed trojan.winlock being involved too. Thank you!

I thought of two other things I should have mentioned. I then tried to manually update Malwarebytes but it was indeed up to date. Secondly, I did nine Windows updates plus two optional x64s this morning, so that might be involved!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  2. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Unauthorized access blocked is just Norton blocking it's own files from MBAM accessing them. I see the same each time MBAM (or any other program) runs scans. It will not affect either Norton or MBAM.

If you go into Security History > Resolved Security Risks you should see what Norton removed.

For more information you could post on the Norton Community support forums.

http://community.norton.com/

Edit : I am running both N360 and MBAM in real time and have had no problems.

3. vojta

vojta Registered Member

It's nothing to worry about, as Krusty13 says. Any security software running in real time triggers that warning in Norton. Just ignore it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.