Anybody getting KAV Initialization issues?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Escalader, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Is anybody here aware of KAV users getting initializations issue? Symptoms like slow downs and mice freezing?

Either with ZA in combo or other suites?

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hey Escalader,
    nice to see you again
    what version and build of Kav?
    also what OS and service pack.

3. Judge Dee

Judge Dee Guest

4. Dieselman

Dieselman Registered Member

I tried KAV and my system slowed way down and so did browsing. I did not have a firewall running either. KAV is incompatible with alot of products.

5. subset

subset Registered Member

Hi,

There is a list "Applications which are not compatible with Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0 MP1"
    http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279583
    ZoneAlarm is present under KAV asks to delete.
    It may help to install KAV first and then install ZA.

@ Dieselman
    I am a KAV/KIS user for years, tested many PFs w/ KAV and HIPSs w/ KIS, i am currently running KIS (PDM uninstalled) w/ EQSecure.
    So I think, you were apparently out of luck with KAV, but from my experience KAV is not incompatible with alot of products.
    Try Online Armor and KAV, seems like they go well together ;)

Cheers

6. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

KAV and ZA indeed don't like eachother. But with the right settings it is possible to get it to work

7. Abeltje

Abeltje Registered Member

What I do like about Kaspersky is that they don't seem to try hiding problems. There is always an article on the support section explaining, helping and trying to give solutions. Like now with MP1 and "slow" computer problems (there are updates and beta updates spreading, official solution is to install v125 vor the time being) Or even chkdsk issue is mentioned there. A few weeks ago NIS had massive problems with the NIS service crashing randomly. But you could find no official info on that and getting help from their support is most annoying and time consuming.

No problems here by the way with MP1.

8. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Thanks Subset, I went over to that link you gave us. The list is massive but very useful!

It is great to see a vendor provide that sort of data. It was interesting to see SpyBot S & D on the list and many instances of ZA products even though they use KAV in their suite as the 3rd party AV.

IMHO any KAV user should review that list and "remove" any applications even if they think they are gone. Norton has a special removal utility to be used and even then vestiges of it are still in the register. I got rid of those with jv16 PowerTools

9. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

I tried KAV 7, taking advantage of the chinese 1 year offer posted in the forum. I can't be 100% positive that it was KAV's fault, but here's what happened. First, i made custom installation, with resident scanner and PDM enabled. I thought it was eating a bit too much CPU time for my taste and decided to use it on demand, so i disabled both. Then i discovered that there was something wrong with my SATA dvd burner. I tried 2 versions of Ashampoo burning studio and both would hang while enumerating drives. I tried also another free application and the same thing occured. I uninstalled kav, but nothing changed. Tried to uninstall the drive, reinstall SATA drivers, made sure ASPI was functional, but to no avail.
    Finally i formatted and all is well again.

I can't blame 100% KAV for this, because in the last days i hadn't tried to burn a dvd, so theoretically, maybe my registry cleaners screwed something. But i consider it unlikely, because use the same cleaners for years and this was the first time i encountered this. After the format, i used the cleaners again and i have no dvd burning problem. Of course i didn't dare to reinstall KAV (also after reading some horror stories about the thousands or objectIDs and that MS said they aren't supposed to be used like this).

So, i post this just as a probable hint, for fellas that might encounter the same issue.

10. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

11. subset

subset Registered Member

12. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

Thanx Baldrich and subset

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.