anybody experienced fallout from Panda snafu?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by davexnet, Apr 24, 2017.

1. davexnet

davexnet Registered Member

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  2. loungehake

loungehake Registered Member

Shame about the recurrent misbehaviour of Panda software. Uninstalling and reinstalling difficulties are already a put-off without the additional complication of this 'snafu' issue. For XP, I have reverted to Avast 10.4.2233 which works with the pre-SSE2 processors found in older hardware. The resource requirements of Avast are no heavier than Panda's.

The problem with uninstalling Panda is that other AVs sometimes have a problem with stuff left behind by Panda.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  3. davexnet

davexnet Registered Member

Yes, Panda seem to have gotten themselves into a bit of a mess, saw one post today where an expired certificate was mentioned
    and a user was advised to set his date back prior to April 21 and then reinstall. Perhaps this affects XP users only, as the posts in the forum
    seem to show. I'm running an old Dell (pre SSE2 CPU) upstairs and the Panda installation hasn't had any issues - but that's on Windows 7.

For my XP PC, which is newer, I've now installed the latest avast, custom/minimal, which gives file and web shields only.
    So far it's been light and unobtrusive.

I did not experience any issues installing avast after Panda, ran their uninstaller "uninstaller3.exe" (980 KB) first,

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.