Any websites that has names of virus?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by CyberMew, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CyberMew

CyberMew Registered Member

I remember a website that is collecting all viruses names and 'combine' them into one number, so it is easy for people to search for that virus.

But I don't know the name of the site, because I am looking for a virus "W32.Renadoc.A" yet I can only find it on symantec website, not trend micro, not mcafee, not eset. Please help. Hopefully I posted in the right section

2. HAN

HAN Registered Member

One of the "things" not settled in the malware world is a common naming methodology. So many makers call the same thing different names.

The unfortunate thing about the way Symantec/Norton lists their threats is that they don't list what other comapnies call the same thing. Many other malware companies do so.

As for one catch-all website, I don't recall seeing such a thing. If someone else has, it would be very handy...

3. CyberMew

CyberMew Registered Member

I believe one group has come together to create a common naming methodology and asked companies to join but I just can't find it.

However there is another website that I found has tried to 'combine' the names together without a new name. www.viruslist.com :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.