Any web browser has camouflage options?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by __d_mode__, Oct 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. __d_mode__

__d_mode__ Registered Member

Hi mates , maybe u know some malicious web sites uses web browser scanner, for example if u usin ie its gives u ie's exploit,if u usin firefox it gives u firefox exploit, can i show my firefox like ie to web pages or can i show my ie like firefox? i remember a webbrowser has this option but i looked opera-ie-firefox no one has this option ,maybe maxton has but i dont indtalled it , sorry for my bad english..

regards...

2. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

3. Bob D

Bob D Registered Member

Some browsers have a "user agent" (or similar terminology) option.
    K-Meleon here. When setting "user agent" to MSIE, and visiting the Browser Security Test (http://bcheck.scanit.be/bcheck/), it reports my browser as:
    Your browser reports to be: "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)"
    Browser name: MSIE
    Version: 6.0
    Platform: Windows XP

How foolproof is it as far as really fooling sites? Don't know.

4. tradetime

tradetime Registered Member

Opera will maquerade as other browsers.

5. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

I have known for a long time that Opera can do that but never bothered. Now that I want to do it I cannot find the option, although I can for individual sites. However if you go into 'Customise' you can drag the option to the toolbar and it is easy to change if from site to site.

Edit

Except it does not work in 9.21 according to this site.

6. tradetime

I am using 9.23 can't remember what 9.21 setup was like. If you enter opera:config into the address bar this will take you to the preference editor, scroll down to "User Agent" you can set the identity on a permanent basis as per the following values;
    Browser to identify as
    Global values:
    1 = Opera
    2 = Mozilla
    3 = Internet Explorer
    Site-specific values:
    4 = Mozilla, Opera not mentioned
    5 = Internet Explorer, Opera not mentioned

This is for 9.23
    Been to that site, in the site specific options, if it is available on your version you must select "Mask as", if you select "identify as" IE for example Opera simply tells the site it will accept script for IE, should the site not cater for Opera, but that it really is Opera. "Mask as" makes no mention of Opera

7. __d_mode__

__d_mode__ Registered Member

Yes mates my meant user agent ,thanks u all :)

8. Dogbiscuit

Dogbiscuit Guest

Something you might want to keep in mind from the chrispederick.com website FAQ:

9. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Thanks for the info

9.21 is the same config. However changing that to 4 only makes it Identify it as. I can mark the site as Mask As using the site preference and that works. Maybe it was updated in 9.23 - just found that 9.21 overall works better for me.

10. tradetime

I wouldn't rush to change for this feature if you find 9.21 works better. I have just tested the configuration, and for the site mentioned above you cannot make a permanent change to your browser, the configuration will not save above 3. So it seems you can only fool the sites on a site specific setting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.