any way to read existing logs in Safe Mode?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by BWN, Jul 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BWN

BWN Registered Member

Hey all! Long-time listener, first-time poster.

I searched for this but couldn't find an answer. Is there any way to view the existing scan logs in a legible way in Safe Mode or on another computer?

TIA

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. BWN

BWN Registered Member

Thanks, Cudni. I believe they are. This computer will be able to boot to Normal Mode soon so I can try, but I would love to be able to read them right away.

It would be fantastic if they were saved in plain text so I could view them from a boot disc, Safe Mode, another computer, etc. But since that isn't the case, might there be a tool out there for reading them?

4. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello BWN,

Scan Logs that are exported from the product are exported as plain text files. Let me know if you have any trouble.

Thank you,
    Richard

5. BWN

BWN Registered Member

Thanks, Richard. Sorry for the delay in responding to you.

I'm actually -- intentionally -- trying to view the logs without having to boot the Windows computer to Normal Mode. Being able to view the logs without even having to boot into Safe Mode would be ideal (e.g. Linux or DOS boot CD environments). But, failing that, just being able to view them in a legible format in Safe Mode would be okay.

If it helps, consider either of these two scenarios:

1) the Windows computer is completely unbootable, but the HDD is good & an optical drive is attached

2) the Windows computer is infected with lots of various malware, Normal Mode isn't possible but Safe Mode works

Now, how do I read the ESET or NOD32 logs?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.