Any upddates on F-Prot v4 for Windows?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by FlashGordon, Sep 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Registered Member

Just wondering if anyone has the latest info on the next version of F-Prot. I downloaded Dr Web and will try it this weekend, then hope to try the next version of F-Prot.

Thanks! :)

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I just sent an email inquiring about the newer version. I will post any news.

3. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

I received this email about a month ago;

From this, do not expect a gold release until sometime early next year. Maybe ronjor will hear better news.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

The U.S. distributor said it was expected in August. So they don't know either.
    Since I am in the U.S., F-Prot bumped my emall over here.

http://www.raeinternet.com/fprot/

5. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

So anyone know what changes are supposed to be in the new version? I am trialing it now and I love it! I love how bare bones it is and yet it provides excellent protection. The only two things I would especially want to see in a new version would be a proper quarantine and a settings interface for the Real Time Protector. I sure wouldn't want to see Frisk gunk it up like almost all other av are now. That would be disasterous. Plus, I couldn't use it also on my 98SE box if it gets all bloated. I wouldn't want to see it slow down either. It is faster than NOD32 which had been about the fastest until it got gunked up. I want it kept simple but highly effective. NO bells and whistles.

So, does anyone know what version 4 will be like? Am I wasting my time? (If version 4 is going to be full of bells and whistles then I am).

6. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

The "rumors" have been inclusion of a 'proper' e-mail scanner, better integration in a networked environment, better unpacking support, and ability to password protect settings--among other improvements.

Some or none of this may come to pass however, so take the above with a large grain of salt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.