any such firewall?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by chris2busy, Dec 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris2busy

chris2busy Registered Member

yes it turns out appdefend was a bit irritating..as you might have already guessed i got a NAT router and AV with hips,thats the only reason i need something that simple...the simpler,the less crashes-conflicts with av-hips etc..i am talking of experience..even a kinda incompatible update of your AV module can ruin your OS due to conficts if your setup is complex :p if my licence was pf a plain av like antivir or avast i wouldn't bother any1,i'd head for OA or CPF3...

a kind user around here pmed me to try dynamic security agent..and since i got an image now i will :) thanks for your help all guys though :)

2. yeow

yeow Registered Member

I think you did not set AppDefend's default permissions to allow all except ask only on Network Access. No "noise" at all for me, except nagscreen at startup, and when new apps access internet.

Attached Files:

3. Vettetech

Vettetech Former Poster

Thats why I said use Online Armor. Very easy to use and set up.

4. Hipgnosis

Hipgnosis Registered Member

Well I have seen no evidence of heavy CPU usage out of OA2. Every time I take a look at Task Manager or Process Explorer both OA processes are using 0 CPU, so I wouldn't call that heavy either.

5. Vettetech

Vettetech Former Poster

Seems like we agree on everything. Most of the time OA with its 2 sevices are using 16K.

6. yeow

yeow Registered Member

AppDefend 0% cpu, and it's 2 processes:

Attached Files:

7. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Yeow, by definition Appdefend is not a firewall. Nor is it sold as one. Please stay on topic and don't bring in non firewall products.

8. yeow

yeow Registered Member

Peter2150,

Windows firewall + AppDefend does do what TS wanted as stated in his 1st post

EDIT quote with emphasis mine:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  9. Vettetech

Vettetech Former Poster

10. chris2busy

chris2busy Registered Member

yeps..might not be a firewall but it does the job of what i asked for pretty dam well :) except for that "buy me" thingy^^ never imagined that it could do the work and be that light either..yeow,your the man

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.