Any simple folder encryption software? Not TC or Axcrypt

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by sunrise, May 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunrise

sunrise Registered Member

Hi,
    I read several posts here regarding encryption software, in particular, truecrypt, axcrypt, dscrypt. I understand with TC, you can create a encrypted partition or file volume and put your files in it for mounting/dismounting, whereas the last two are per file basis encryption.

I am looking for a software (paid or free) that simply encrypt at the folder level and not per file basis. Though i know i can 'select all' the files in it, i was hoping i can simply encrypt the folder. I just want to prevent unauthorized access to the contents. any such software? I know TC may be able to do this but somehow i feel TC has too many features (a good software i must say) but me may just need simple features which is to encrypt folder thats all. when i access the folder i provide password.

Thanks!

2. sky_dynasty

sky_dynasty Registered Member

3. Genady Prishnikov

Genady Prishnikov Registered Member

It should be noted that only the first mentioned in the post above is actually encryption. The other two merely "hide" folders. It's a system problem as far as actually encrypting folders. In reality, any program doing this is actually just encrypting individual files inside the folder and then some hide the folder after encryption making it appear as if you have encrypted the "folder."

4. squash

squash Registered Member

5. Aspirin

Aspirin Registered Member

How about the free Handybits EasyCrypto.

It works on files or folders and has an attractive interface.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.