Any problems making a good Rescue CD?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Charlie Wisc., Sep 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlie Wisc.

Charlie Wisc. Registered Member

I have not been able to make a Rescue CD that will boot for several weeks. Now, finally, I found out why - and have burned a good disk.

The problem (after much reflection) occured about the time I updated the BIOS on my Dell Dimension 8400 PC from A05 to A06.

Today, I checked the Dell website to see if I could flash back to Bios A05. What I found is that Dell has issued a new BIOS A07 - to correct "boot issues when USB devices with media readers are present." Since I do lots of digital photography, I have an USB connected card reader; and my USB connected HP-printer also has built-in card readers, too. Dell folks may want to check-out this link http://support.dell.com/support/dow...s&releaseid=R104588&formatcnt=1&fileid=135036

Anyway, after flashing the newest BIOS A07 for my computer, then burning a new Acronis Rescue Disk - - - WOW! The CD now boots just fine, and looks like it will restore images; though I haven't gone through all the steps yet.

Moral of the story, perhaps for Acronis Tech also to know about: if your rescue disks won't boot, check your PC maker's website to see if you have their latest version of BIOS.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Charlie,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Yes, we aware of the fact that sometimes updating the BIOS to the latest version resolves this sort of problems.

Please also note that sharing your experience is very much appreciated.

If you have any further experience to share with others then please feel free to post it on this forum.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.