Any point loading SpywareGuard if using Opera?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by saidean, Jul 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saidean

saidean Registered Member

I use Opera 99% of the time, and IE6 only when I absolutely have to. I was wondering what's the advice on whether I should keep SpywareGuard loaded at all times (eg from Windows startup)? Will SpywareGuard be able to stop any Opera hijacks, malicious downloads etc if these are done through Opera?

I currently have Norton Antivirus, Blackice PC Protection, Zone Alarm running as standard at all times. Not sure if SpywareGuard will therefore be a necessary addition or not...

Would appreciate any advice on this! I can understand SpywareGuard's usefulness if I use IE but what about Opera?

Saidean

2. saidean

saidean Registered Member

I'd appreciate a reply on this. Does spywareguard protect opera or is it really suitable only for Internet Explorer?

Does it's real time scanning, download protection, browser anti-hijacks work for opera?

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

The real time scanning feature in SpywareGuard is completely browser independant because it scans install files at time of execution. But, the download protection and home page hijack alerts are meant for IE and IE engine browsers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.