Any point in buying EAM when I have OA++ and Mamutu?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by GrammatonCleric, Sep 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrammatonCleric

GrammatonCleric Registered Member

Thanks
    Anyy difference between having EAM and OA++ and Mamutu? or is EAM in OA++?

2. Noob

Noob Registered Member

EAM is more complete than OA++, also i consider EAM is a lot more granular (More configs) :D

But anyways i'm pretty sure OA++ works better than OA Premium + EAM ;)

3. shadek

shadek Registered Member

I'd say you should stay with OA++ and Mamutu. I'd even say you should run OA++ on its own. According to a Emsisoft official here at Wilders, he doesn't recommend running any OA product with Mamutu.

4. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

OA++ only scans files unrecognised by the HIPS module/Oasis whitelist etc so scans much less. It is on execution only. This makes it lighter but less granular than OA and EAM.

I no longer use either product but have tried the new versions recently as I still have licences. Both OA and EAM are lighter than they have been before but IMO they are heavy together. I preferred OA++ for that reason. However there are more differences from EAM to OA++ than just the Mamutu component and you might want to scan on create/change, have grater scanning flexibility and take advantage of the full EAM product feature set and therefore be willing to accept greater resource usage.

Emisisoft themselves when I communicated with them recently told me OA++ was not a full featured product and therefore less comprehensive than OA and EAM combo if that makes any difference.

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.